Senior Programme Director - Demand Generation
We firmly believe that The Marketing Practice (TMP) is the best place for B2B marketers. We are one of the fastest-growing and most-awarded B2B marketing agencies in the world, working with exciting companies like Microsoft, Salesforce and O2 on cutting-edge global programmes from our three international offices. And because of that growth and scale, there are heaps of opportunities for ambitious, committed marketers to succeed and grow at TMP – whether that means taking the next step on your career ladder, working with experts across marketing disciplines to develop new skills, or on-the-job learning with our bespoke TMP Academy training programme.
That’s not just empty promises: all but one of our board members worked their way up through the company, including three who started as graduates. Today, we’re bringing on new clients and expanding our capabilities in all departments – that means we need people like you to come and join the TMP family. So if you’re looking to progress your career, do your best work, develop new skills, and have fun working with like-minded, talented people every day, we would love to hear from you.
We’re pretty good at demand generation. We get brilliant results and win awards for TMP. That’s why as a department, we’re growing extremely quickly.
With growth comes opportunity, and this role will take a central part in architecting and delivering the success our clients are looking for when they work with The Marketing Practice.
You will be highly experienced in the complexity of running outbound demand generation programmes, both from an operational and a performance point of view, and to be on hand as the client’s trusted advisor when it comes to predicting successful outcomes and the time frames required to deliver success. You will also understand inbound demand generation and ways to optimise performance and make the most of individual’s time to get the best possible outcomes.
This will be a primarily client-facing role, with a strong degree of project focused delivery to ensure TMP are central to a client’s demand generation strategy. The individual should be comfortable assessing a client’s current structure and set up for inbound / outbound demand generation and be able to spot areas for improvement and optimisation that can lead to new opportunities for TMP to sell our wider CoE capabilities.
Job duties and responsibilities
We are looking for growth obsessed, B2B marketing professionals with a strong desire to deliver results that are aligned to positive commercial outcomes
1. Solution architect for a client’s business growth requirements:
- Understanding of client’s current business development set up, performance requirements, best practice delivery and capability overview.
- Asses the ‘through the funnel’ conversion metrics to identify areas of underperformance.
- Identify areas for TMP to extend its scope of work within the existing set up utilising CoE expertise to support the sales process.
- Own the performance reporting best practice and improvement narrative with key client stakeholders
- Work with the internal Demand Generation Team - Head of Operations / Head of Outbound – to proactively problem solve programme and individual performance challenges with enough time to take corrective action.
- Constantly looking for new ways to optimise and improve the agency demand generation product so it aligns closer to our client’s needs.
2. Programme set-up and delivery lead, responsible for owning the client / TMP performance expectations to deliver the required level of ROI.
- Setting realistic targets for TMP to track against and owning the agency narrative on how the programme performance is communicated to the client.
- Owner of the programme ‘test and learn’ approach to ensure conversations insights are flowing through into day to day improvements within the agile agency integrated team.
- Commercial acumen – ensuring the project is on track from a profitability and an account stability perspective
3. Senior resource for CS&D client leads to call on to consult around selling and architecting demand generation programmes for existing and new clients.
- Adhering to and selling the virtues of TMP’s demand generation approach
- Senior level resource for Account Directors / Client Directors to discuss programme objectives with
- Owning the expectation management of clients and laying out a clear set of realistic milestones
- Actively selling our ‘agile’ approach to demand generation and the value of integrated teams rather than individuals to ensure long term performance.
- Go-to demand generation consultant for content and planning to ensure TMP messaging and asset creation is on point for the job it is required to do
- You will be involved early in the TMP / Prospect sales process to ensure we have considered all elements that will make the programme a success (Data, Strategy, Inbound & Outbound) and have the right processes and plans for the delivery team to run a successful programme.
- You will be responsible for setting realistic targets and outcomes for the programme working to TMP best practice to ensure that clients haven’t been over sold to in the beginning or their expectations are not set at levels that TMP are unable to deliver to.
KPI's for the role
- Identification of incremental revenue opportunities for TMP across all CoEs.
- Quarterly business revenue targets met.
- Ensuring consistent delivery and clear contracting with clients over the anticipated outcomes of the work being committed.
- Client endorsement and satisfaction with the project outcomes
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of inbound and outbound communication techniques to identify gaps in existing strategy
- Line management responsibility for other team members in the programme delivery function
- General knowledge of the ICT marketplace; key vendors and technology trends
- The ability to understand complex propositions and messaging and are able to articulate this into a sensible communication flow
- Able to lead an integrated agency team, where the demand generation team conversation insights are used to drive forward agile changes in approach required to optimise messaging cut through and deliver the required results with greater speed and consistency
- Pragmatic, with a logical approach to work and a very high attention to detail
- An energetic, positive approach and ‘can-do’ attitude
- Excellent presentation and client relationship building skills
- At least 10 years’ experience of working in complex B2B business development with a proven track record for delivering ROI and adding value back to the client.
- Proven track record of simplifying complex propositions that have led to successful programme delivery
- Ability to course correct in good time if projects are behind target
- Proficient with using CRM platforms (such as Salesforce) and discussing marketing technology strategy in relation to inbound and outbound demand generation set up.
- Proficient with IT including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook