Senior Account Manager
The Marketing Practice Overview
We firmly believe that The Marketing Practice (TMP) is the best place for B2B marketers. We are one of the fastest-growing and most-awarded B2B marketing agencies in the world, working with exciting companies like Microsoft, Salesforce, Xerox, Citrix and O2 Business on global programmes from our four international offices. Clients come to us for our expertise in account-based marketing, demand generation and channel marketing; as well as for our mindset of creating value and inspiration for our clients, all the time. We always put our clients and their results first.
There are heaps of opportunities for ambitious, committed marketers to succeed and grow at TMP – whether that means taking the next step on your career ladder, working with experts across marketing disciplines to develop new skills, or on-the-job learning with our bespoke TMP Academy training programme.
We’re looking for a bright, enthusiastic Senior Account Manager, who is passionate about digital marketing, to work within our Client Strategy & Delivery team. You’ll excel at developing and delivering successful marketing campaigns based on client/business objectives and recommending innovative marketing solutions to specific business challenges.
As a Senior Account Manager, you’ll be busy building and maintaining exceptional day-to-day relationships with your clients, developing a deep understanding of their objectives, and suggesting marketing solutions with a real ‘wow-factor’ in order to meet them. As a senior member of the team, you’ll lead from the front, managing and motivating your team and providing solid coaching and mentoring to junior account staff, ensuring they have the opportunity to grow and develop.
Job duties and responsibilities
Client Management and Development
Responsible for building and maintaining strong client relationships, articulating marketing thinking and managing Client expectations. Compiling content for and leading regular client calls and meetings
Planning and executing campaigns: writing and reviewing briefs, liaising with the virtual team to ensure successful and timely delivery of projects and campaigns
- Reviewing and critically appraising content, design and planning work from a B2B marketing and client proposition perspective
Developing commercially scopes of work and estimates for marketing programmes
- Develop accurate weekly forecasts, cognoscente of programme timeline and thus time/cost to complete, to ensure we are on track from a delivery perspective, as well as ensuring account stability and profitability
Team Management and Development
- Monitoring and guiding junior members of the team, delegating tasks, reviewing and feeding back, supporting and coaching. On some occasions you will manage direct reports
New Business Development
Recognising new areas and opportunities within the Client account where we could support, and developing proposals with input from the virtual team
- Developing and reviewing estimates for projects of varying scale
Sales & Marketing Strategy
Providing value add suggestions and tactical recommendations to both clients and internal departments, in order to continually optimise activity and quality of outcome
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge in time management: juggling multiple campaigns and clients to deliver projects on budget and on time
- Operational understanding of various types of B2B marketing campaigns
- Thorough knowledge of the ICT marketplace; key vendors and value propositions
- Highly developed interpersonal and relationship management skills in order to gain trust with established clients and maintain high client satisfaction
- Able to learn quickly, interrogate and assimilate complex information
- Able to coordinate multiple teams with effective communication (both verbal and written)
- Able to take the lead in meetings and conference calls with clients, as well as internal briefing and review meetings
- Solution-oriented, with a logical approach to work and a very high attention to detail
- An energetic, positive approach and ‘can-do’ attitude
- At least 3 years’ experience working agency and/or client side within a similar B2B role
- Evidence of developing and delivering successful B2B marketing campaigns in response to complex business challenges
- Experience in managing key client and partner relationships and comfortable communicating at Manager and Director level, both internally and externally
- Proficient with IT including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
At The Marketing Practice we strive to respect the diversity of our employees and ensure that inclusion is at the heart of everything we do. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from all individuals are encouraged. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.