The Marketing Practice Overview
We firmly believe that The Marketing Practice (TMP) is the best place for B2B marketers. We are one of the fastest-growing and most-awarded B2B marketing agencies in the world, working with exciting companies like Microsoft, Salesforce, Xerox, Citrix and O2 Business on global programmes from our four international offices. Clients come to us for our expertise in account-based marketing, demand generation and channel marketing; as well as for our mindset of creating value and inspiration for our clients, all the time. We always put our clients and their results first.
There are heaps of opportunities for ambitious, committed marketers to succeed and grow at TMP – whether that means taking the next step on your career ladder, working with experts across marketing disciplines to develop new skills, or on-the-job learning with our bespoke TMP Academy training programme.
The Planner is a key member within our Strategy team. The Strategy team is responsible for developing the marketing campaign insight used to fuel the creative process and drive sales.
A go-to ‘doer’ in the team trusted to own the strategy across a small account and to work closely with a Strategist and/or Senior Strategist on key tactics as part of a larger account’s strategy.
Job duties and responsibilities
- Ownership for the strategy and development of a set of small and medium sized client accounts and a supporting role to Strategist/Senior Strategist on a large account within the business
- Attending client kick off meetings and workshops.
- Presenting strategic approaches alongside client Senior Account Manager or Account Director
- Demonstrating ways of positioning a value proposition given a strong understanding of the market, competition, audience using your research toolkit
- Adept at the Get-To-By framework.
- Ensuring campaign tactics link back to strategy and audience needs, and are fit for purpose
- Supporting the creative team to develop tactical assets by providing iterative feedback and relevance to audience and strategy.
- Map content against the customer buying journey
- Developing initial recommendations into more detailed structures to support client sign off and content development where required. This may entail further calls with key client proposition owners and developing messaging on a case by case basis.
- Briefing and managing any 3rd party research or publications involved in any campaign activity.
- Understanding the wider Centre of Excellence specialisms and work closely with them to deliver market leading strategies.
- Working closely with the Data team, to understand the customer’s target universe and clearly identify the opportunity for the client.
- Guiding Demand Generation on messaging routes by persona or key account profiles
- Brainstorming and collaborating on campaign ideation with Creative and Client teams
- Opportunity to identify a specialist strategic path to support transition to Strategist i.e. ABM, Channel Partner, Demand Generation, Analytics
- Work with your Line Manager to identify a Strategy path based on key strengths and experience to date
- Ensure workload and time is spent to increase knowledge around agreed path
- 1-3 years working in a role that demonstrates good levels of problem solving, research and collaboration with other internal teams.
At The Marketing Practice we strive to respect the diversity of our employees and ensure that inclusion is at the heart of everything we do. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from all individuals are encouraged. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.