We’re one of the fastest-growing and most-awarded B2B marketing agencies in the world. With an exciting – and growing – portfolio of clients including Citrix, Microsoft, Salesforce, Telefonica, Xerox…
Clients come to us for our expertise in creating commercial outcomes through account-based marketing (ABM), demand generation and channel marketing. As well as for our mindset of bringing daily inspiration and delight.
There are heaps of opportunities for ambitious, committed marketers to succeed and grow at TMP – whether that means taking the next step on your career ladder, working with experts across marketing disciplines to develop new skills, or on-the-job learning with our bespoke TMP Academy training programme.
The Strategy team is responsible for developing the marketing campaign insight used to fuel the creative process and drive sales.
An owner and a ‘do-er’ the Strategist is the Strategy lead across a medium and/or large account, who sets the direction for marketing and ensures campaigns are fully optimised.
Job duties and responsibilities
- Ownership for the strategy, development and optimisation of selected key client accounts (70%)
- Acting as the Strategy representative and lead in Client Blue Sheet sessions, identifying commercial opportunity areas as well as risks and taking an active role in delivering solutions to these challenges
- Troubleshooting existing projects– bringing more consultative expertise to resolve marketing challenges
- Building key relationships with Product Marketing and Sales to develop stronger knowledge and more defined value propositions
- Optimising campaigns and setting the strategic recommendations going forward in Quarterly Business Reviews.
- Owning the creative brief
- Supporting the creative team to develop tactical assets by providing iterative feedback and relevance to audience and strategy.
- Consulted with, and the Strategy sign off for a project’s statement of work.
- To proactively seek out and bring new thinking to key accounts and the wider Strategy team (20%)
- Seeking out competitor and market insights to provide recommendations to clients
- Sharing TMP Best Practice Strategy methodologies into account work
- Learning new market and industry trends to provide a clear POV and implications for accounts you’re responsible for.
- Developing a more specialist strategic path to support transition to Senior Strategist i.e. ABM, Channel Partner, Demand Generation, Analytics (10%)
- Working on key projects that support the development of a specialism based on key strengths and experience to date
- Contribute to ‘best practice’ on a given specialism
- Receive specialism mentoring from Senior Strategist and/or Strategy Director
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Should have developed significant knowledge of B2B Marketing Strategy approaches and tactics to own work across medium and large accounts. Key skillsets and desired traits include: -
- Commercially minded
- Problem Solver
- Minimum of 2- 4 years working in a role that demonstrates authority in directing teams and marketing strategy.
- At least 2 years of experience of B2B marketing planning, either within an agency or a client-side environment
- Strong understanding of complex B2B Sales and Marketing, in particular the ICT and Services industries.
- Digital strategy experience would be desirable but not essential