Marketing Data Manager
The Marketing Practice Overview
We firmly believe that The Marketing Practice (TMP) is the best place for B2B marketers. We are one of the fastest-growing and most-awarded B2B marketing agencies in the world, working with exciting companies like Microsoft, Salesforce, Xerox, Citrix and O2 Business on global programmes from our four international offices. Clients come to us for our expertise in account-based marketing, demand generation and channel marketing; as well as for our mindset of creating value and inspiration for our clients, all the time. We always put our clients and their results first.
There are heaps of opportunities for ambitious, committed marketers to succeed and grow at TMP – whether that means taking the next step on your career ladder, working with experts across marketing disciplines to develop new skills, or on-the-job learning with our bespoke TMP Academy training programme.
Data-driven marketing is core to The Marketing Practice’s beliefs and approach to delivering outstanding B2B marketing. This role touches all aspects of that approach, from ensuring data quality and governance processes, to analysing and producing insightful information that shape our clients’ marketing strategy.
You will be responsible for the management, maintenance, manipulation and enrichment of a B2B marketing database.
Job duties and responsibilities
- Day to day management of a B2B marketing database within a CRM environment including:
- Data acquisition/build – via data suppliers or bespoke building using Linked In Sales Navigator
- Segmentation to build accurate and highly targeted campaign ready data lists
- CRM management (campaign set-up, data upload, governance etc)
- Data governance
- Campaign reporting
- Enhancing campaign performance through data analysis
- Delivery of client reporting to prove marketing return on investment
- Account and contact profiling using publically available data eg Linked In
- Representing the Data & Analytics Centre of Excellence in cross-team collaboration and workflows
- Regular liaison with the Inside Sales team to ensure the data and operational platform is supporting and delivering to their needs
- Adhering to defined processes for successful data management
- Deepening and then sharing your knowledge of the data industry both internally and externally
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong background in the management and manipulation of B2B marketing data
- An analytical and inquisitive approach to marketing data
- Experience in interpreting analysis outputs that can feed back into planning and strategy development Involvement in making strategic decisions to formulate and shape data driven marketing campaigns
- Knowledge of the marketing data industry with experience in building relationships with third party suppliers
- Prove experience and knowledge of CRM (Salesforce.com or Microsoft Dynamics)
- Marketing Automation skills (Eloqua, Marketo or Pardot) desirable but not essential
- Problem solving skills – able to identify the required deliverable/solution and the stages involved in getting there
- Extremely strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – able to engage and influence