Demand Generation Specialist
We firmly believe that The Marketing Practice (TMP) is the best place for B2B marketers. We are one of the fastest-growing and most-awarded B2B marketing agencies in the world, working with exciting companies like Microsoft, Salesforce, Xerox, Citrix and O2 Business on global programmes from our four international offices. Clients come to us for our expertise in account-based marketing, demand generation and channel marketing; as well as for our mindset of creating value and inspiration for our clients, all the time. We always put our clients and their results first.
There are heaps of opportunities for ambitious, committed marketers to succeed and grow at TMP – whether that means taking the next step on your career ladder, working with experts across marketing disciplines to develop new skills, or on-the-job learning with our bespoke TMP Academy training programme.
We’re pretty good at demand generation. We get brilliant results and win awards for TMP. That’s why as a department, we’re growing extremely quickly. If you’re a determined and ambitious business development professional with plenty of outbound telephone experience who would like a full or part-time inside sales role with a difference, we’d love to hear from you. As one of our Demand Generation Specialists, you’ll be identifying senior decision makers and holding high-level conversations to qualify opportunities for our clients’ sales teams, as well as gathering and reporting on business & market intelligence and industry trends for the rest of the agency.
First things first, this isn’t a typical ‘inside sales’ role. We know everyone probably says that, but it’s true. There is far more to it than just cold calling. We research our prospects, their organisations and their industries. Then we make calls, write emails and use every available channel. We make propositions relevant to every prospect, aligned to both their role and their company objectives.
You won’t just be spending all day on the phone to prospects. Alongside calling, you’ll be liaising directly with the client to understand and receive their campaign briefs, chairing weekly client progress reviews, writing and circulating daily activity update emails, and working with the creative department to establish and refine your business messaging.
As a TMP Business Development Specialist, you’ll be energetic, ambitious and tenacious, able to motivate yourself and others, and plan and manage your own time. You’ll have excellent verbal and written communication skills, an ability to engage with and influence senior decision makers, and plenty of commercial acumen.
Job duties and responsibilities
We’re looking for business development professionals with strong experience in:
Engaging contacts with discussion around complex solution areas or propositions in a coherent multi-channel way (phone, email, social)
- This is a proactive outbound demand generation role where we are looking to engage a senior audience with a specific and relevant conversation that aligns to a solution area that our client can support with. The role is target orientated, and individuals need to be motivated to hit target through weekly progress reports and identification of challenges – either messaging or data – and then proactively working with the wider agency scrum team to overcome these.
Liaising successfully to the Director and C-level within prospect and customer businesses
- Working to TMP best practices to plan and execute conversations guides and written communications that simplify and articulate the conversation we want to have with the audience and working closely with the team leadership to understand programme insights and continually seek to improve and refine our approach using the wider agency scrum team.
Working to, and exceeding, commercial targets and objectives
Individual management of campaign targets and alignment to client / agency expectations for the project.
Consultative sales – building rapport, defining needs and building intelligence
- Working closely with client sales and marketing stakeholders is essential in building a long-term relationship for TMP and ensuring we are adding value through intelligence gathering from a – contact, account and market – perspective.
Working as part of a high-performing team
- Our goal is to be the undisputed market leaders in complex business develop and we strive to deliver consistent programme success.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of outbound communication techniques and personal time management to ensure project performance remains on track.
- General knowledge of the ICT marketplace; key vendors and technology trends
- The ability to understand complex propositions and messaging and are able to articulate this in to a sensible communication flow
- Able to work as part of an integrated agency scrum team, where your conversation insights are used to drive forward agile changes in approach required to optimise messaging cut through.
- Pragmatic, with a logical approach to work and a very high attention to detail
- An energetic, positive approach and ‘can-do’ attitude
- At least 2 years’ experience of working in complex B2B business development with a proven track record for delivering ROI and added value back to the client
- Evidence of using multi-channel in business development activities
- Personable and able to communicate with both internal and external stakeholders around programme performance and attainment of project targets
- Proficient with using CRM platforms (such as Salesforce) to note all activity, and capture relevant insights that can support long term programme performance.
- Proficient with IT including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook