Demand Generation Specialist
$50,000 plus $10,000 bonus
You will be responsible for delivering qualified, high quality sales opportunities to clients’ sales teams. Dealing with complex IT and business services propositions, you will spend most your time reaching out to, consulting with and nurturing decision makers across a range of different channels – telephone, social media, and email in particular.
You are on the ‘front line’ of The Marketing Practice’s services. We create and deliver marketing campaigns for our clients to drive awareness and demand for their products. Your role is to follow-up on and integrate with those campaigns to identify the sales opportunities that will create ROI for our clients.
You will be the client sales go-to for progress on the projects. It’s your responsibility to ensure we provide them with regular updates, including insights you gather through your outbound activity. You strive to achieve delivery of the best opportunities that you know your client salesperson will rave about. Your colleagues in other departments will approach you for guidance, advice and trust your contribution.
You will always be looking at ‘how you can achieve the highest quality results’. You’ll be a master of consultative sales who has the ability to get the best outcome from the conversations you have. You have a good eye for detail, are a problem solver and have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Meet or exceed daily, weekly and monthly targets for activity and result generation (i.e. Delegate recruitment, lead generation etc)
- Create engagement with senior decision makers using a mix of telephone/email/InMail channels (depending on the need of the campaign) to identify business pains & opportunities for client sales team
- Write own personalised Nurture emails and LinkedIn mails that generate interest and responses
- Develop an understanding of organisational structure in target organisations through research and profiling techniques
- Gathering, applying and reporting business and market intelligence
- Chairing weekly client progress reviews by phone (face to face on occasion)
- Management of account base and ownership of data to maximise data resolution in campaign period
- Liaising with the client (in conjunction with Client Services) to understand and receive a campaign brief
- Liaising with creative services to establish and refine business messaging to use Daily reporting of progress against targets including time spent vs budget
Skills & Experience Required:
- Experience of selling complex solutions (product or service) face to face or by telephone
- Experience of liaising successfully to C level within prospect and customer businesses and via multiple channels
- Evidence of working to and exceeding commercial targets and objectives
- Experience of consultative sales – building rapport, defining needs, and applying gathered intelligence
- Experience of working as part of a high performing team
- Experience of working to tight deadlines/juggling multiple projects
- Ambition and tenacity – able to motivate themselves and others
- Self-management – able to plan and manage own time
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – able to engage and influence
- Strong commercial acumen
- Passion for building relationships both internally and externally
- Passion for hunting industry/account/prospect intelligence and enthusiasm to apply this to support with meeting campaign objectives
- Graduate calibre preferred