What can we offer you?
We firmly believe that The Marketing Practice (TMP) is the best place for B2B marketers. We are one of the fastest-growing and most-awarded B2B marketing agencies in the world, working with exciting companies like Microsoft, Salesforce and O2 on cutting-edge global programmes from our three international offices. And because of that growth and scale, there are heaps of opportunities for ambitious, committed marketers to succeed and grow at TMP – whether that means taking the next step on your career ladder, working with experts across marketing disciplines to develop new skills, or on-the-job learning with our bespoke TMP Academy training programme.
That’s not just empty promises: all but one of our board members worked their way up through the company, including three who started as graduates. Today, we’re bringing on new clients and expanding our capabilities in all departments – that means we need people like you to come and join the TMP family. So if you’re looking to progress your career, do your best work, develop new skills, and have fun working with like-minded, talented people every day, we would love to hear from you.
We’re looking for enthusiastic, experienced Account Directors with a passion for marketing, to join our Client Strategy & Delivery team in Munich. You’ll be at the heart of everything we do for our clients, helping to deliver eye-opening marketing campaigns based on your client’s business objectives, and maintaining exceptional day-to-day client relationships.
Reporting to the Client Director, you’ll work with other members of your Account team, Client contacts, Creative, Content & Marketing, Planning, Inside Sales, Data and Digital teams for one or more clients. Dependant on account, likely to include recognised revenue, profitability and campaign budget management.
Skills and Responsibilities
Key deliverables in role
- Ensure the effective delivery of client programmes, to target, time and budget
- Lead and develop a team of SAM/AM/AEs, including performance management, workload management and marketing excellence leadership
- Develop in-depth understanding of clients’ challenges. Own development and delivery of solutions to meet them
- Scope, estimate and develop plans to deliver demonstrable sales results and return on marketing investment
- Ensure commercial targets for account/s are met and exceeded – through effective resource planning, estimating and delivery
- Identify issues in campaign delivery or effectiveness and make recommendations to resolve
Objectives for next 12 months
- Support senior team with delivery to account forecast and plan, ensuring commercial and service expectations are exceeded
- Ensure ‘purple’ delivery across all aspects of account, addressing performance issues
- Build a solid understanding of clients’ business objectives and provide timely and relevant marketing advice to help them achieve their campaign goals
Challenges for role
- Ensuring equal focus between account commercials, people management and campaign delivery
- Relationship building – developing valuable long-term relationships on accounts
- Leading and developing the Account team
- Management leadership – ability to manage and motivate a team
- Passion, tenacity and ambition – personally, professionally and for your team
- Intellectual curiosity – continually looking for better solutions and opportunities
- Ability to deliver to agreed commercial metrics and sales forecasts
- Evidence of planning and organising multiple projects to tight timescales
- Experience of delivering to measurable objectives
- Excellent attention to detail – able to cope with multiple projects whilst simultaneously having an eye for the minutia
- Brilliant communication and influencing skills – written, verbal and listening
- Ability to learn quickly, interrogate and assimilate complex information
- Evidence of campaign proposal developments following a client brief
- Good understanding and interest with marketing and innovated ways of campaigning
- Integrated agency background experience