Senior Marketing Strategist
The Marketing Practice Overview
We firmly believe that The Marketing Practice (TMP) is the best place for B2B marketers. We are one of the fastest-growing and most-awarded B2B marketing agencies in the world, working with exciting companies like Microsoft, Salesforce, Xerox, Citrix and O2 Business on global programmes from our four international offices. Clients come to us for our expertise in account-based marketing, demand generation and channel marketing; as well as for our mindset of creating value and inspiration for our clients, all the time. We always put our clients and their results first.
There are heaps of opportunities for ambitious, committed marketers to succeed and grow at TMP – whether that means taking the next step on your career ladder, working with experts across marketing disciplines to develop new skills, or on-the-job learning with our bespoke TMP Academy training programme.
The Senior Strategist is a highly experienced member within the Strategy team with a key specialism (i.e. ABM, Channel Marketing, Demand Generation, Data & Analytics) that the wider team, business and clients benefit from.
A specialist owner, team mentor and workshop lead, the Senior Strategist unlocks some of the hardest client challenges, proactively creates new commercial propositions and leads the best practice for their given specialism within the agency and with clients.
Job duties and responsibilities
- Unlocking the hardest client challenges and successfully managing them through the business
- New proposition development
- Investing time to develop new commercial propositions that can drive new conversations with (new) senior client stakeholders
- Tailoring these new propositions to specific clients and working with Client Directors to identify who to take them to.
- Act as the agency ambassador for a key specialism (i.e. ABM, Channel Marketing, Demand Generation, Analytics, Communications Planning etc)
- Being the go-to resource to be pulled into opening new client conversations around your key specialist area, and able to share key methodologies and success stories based on experience in introductory meetings or dedicated workshops.
- Keeping up with the latest trends on your given specialism whilst providing a clear POV to internal teams and clients looking for guidance
- Mentoring Planners/Strategists
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Should be an expert in a core B2B Marketing Specialism such as ABM, Demand Generation, Channel Partner Marketing, Communications Planning, Analytics etc
- You’ll need to be able to be the sole senior TMP (not just Strategy) resource during interactions with any client, and any level of seniority.
- Understand how our clients’ businesses run in greater detail than just ‘need to know’ – e.g. sales and marketing methodologies, annual planning processes, the typical obstacles to success internally for them, the specific industry issues they face. Be able to share best practice from across clients in these areas
- Much of the above has involved problem solving and fixing. You should also be able to think in systemic terms, not just ad hoc problem solving.
- Experience working in roles that demonstrates authority in directing teams and leading on marketing strategy.
- Experience of B2B marketing planning, either within an agency or a client-side environment
- Strong understanding of complex B2B Sales and Marketing, the ICT and Services industries.
- Be experienced in and be able to confidently design and lead workshop style sessions with marketing and or sales & business stakeholders