The Marketing Practice Overview
We firmly believe that The Marketing Practice (TMP) is the best place for B2B marketers. We are one of the fastest-growing and most-awarded B2B marketing agencies in the world, working with exciting companies like Microsoft, Salesforce, Xerox, Citrix and O2 Business on global programmes from our four international offices. Clients come to us for our expertise in account-based marketing, demand generation and channel marketing; as well as for our mindset of creating value and inspiration for our clients, all the time. We always put our clients and their results first.
There are heaps of opportunities for ambitious, committed marketers to succeed and grow at TMP – whether that means taking the next step on your career ladder, working with experts across marketing disciplines to develop new skills, or on-the-job learning with our bespoke TMP Academy training programme.
We’re looking for an energetic Client Director, who has a real passion for marketing, leadership, and delivering the best-possible results for clients.
From the client’s perspective, you’re the one directing their thinking on how best to achieve their objectives, both short and long term. You’ll successfully bring this vision to life through a well thought-out and executed marketing programme getting your team behind you in terms of delivering it, wowing and delighting your clients every time.
Internally, you’ll own the revenue target for your clients, and the strategy behind achieving the planned revenue. You can draw upon the support of a TMP Board Sponsor and Strategist aligned to your client accounts, but it is up to you how you best utilise their experience and expertise.
You will report into the Client Services Director, and you’ll lead a team of up to five direct reports: running two major accounts, managing your client and resource portfolio accordingly. You’ll be a natural leader, salesperson and marketer, with team and client satisfaction at the heart of everything you do.
Job duties and responsibilities
Client Management and Development
- To be a trusted marketing advisor to your senior client stakeholders (A natural “go-to” for them)
- To be accountable for meeting planned client revenue targets through strategic account plans and sales actions, and drawing on support from your board sponsor
- To ensure client satisfaction, measured through a monthly marketing monitor, NPS interviews at quarterly reviews and Independent depth interviews
- Where a client spans other TMP entities (Seattle and Munich), to collaborate with the CDs in other regions, to have a joined-up account strategy
- To bring commercial rigour to your team in terms of maximising the billable time to hit monthly revenue targets, profitability and billable utilisation of your team members
- To facilitate procurement engagement with our Finance leadership to ensure favourable terms
- To ensure the highest quality marketing outputs for your clients by mentoring and supporting your Account (Programme) Directors, and when required, leading from the front
- Collaborating with the other Centres of Excellence to ensure we are doing the best work for our clients (e.g. resolving any issues such as resourcing, quality of outputs)
Team Management & Development
- To lead, develop and inspire your Account Directors and the wider team
- To develop your team members by ensuring they have objectives aligned to their role and the company strategy, as well as an annual development plan
- To effectively manage performance issues of team members
- To work with your Group Client Director to ensure you have the right level of resource in place to deliver quality marketing programmes for your clients
New Business Development
- To work with the New Business Director and TMP Marketing Team as a senior TMP representative on new business when requested
- Managing the smooth onboarding of new clients
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A Business-to-Business Marketing Professional, with a thorough knowledge on B2B marketing. You can discuss strategy as well as practical solutions with senior client stakeholders (CMO, Marketing Directors at leading Technology companies)
- A good working knowledge of B2B demand generation, Account Based Marketing is preferred. A working knowledge of Channel Partner Marketing is desired
- A good working knowledge of the technology sectors and the core and emerging technology propositions
- An excellent relationship manager who has the gravitas and knowledge to build senior relationships
- Commercial awareness and acumen in order to manage to revenue and profitability targets, and negotiate contracting terms with Procurement and senior client stakeholders
- Ability to motivate, mentor and manage a team of bright and ambitious individuals
- Highly collaborative both with clients and the other Centres of Excellence at TMP
- You will have worked in an agency/consulting environment for 8+ years with B2B Marketing experience preferable. Alternatively, you will have held a marketing leadership position in a B2B industry owning a proposition/channel/discipline with people reporting into you.
- You will have experience in leading, managing and developing teams, as well as managing a revenue target.
At The Marketing Practice we strive to respect the diversity of our employees and ensure that inclusion is at the heart of everything we do. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from all individuals are encouraged. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.