The Marketing Practice Overview
We firmly believe that The Marketing Practice (TMP) is the best place for B2B marketers. We are one of the fastest-growing and most-awarded B2B marketing agencies in the world, working with exciting companies like Microsoft, Salesforce, Xerox, Citrix and O2 Business on global programmes from our four international offices. Clients come to us for our expertise in account-based marketing, demand generation and channel marketing; as well as for our mindset of creating value and inspiration for our clients, all the time. We always put our clients and their results first.
There are heaps of opportunities for ambitious, committed marketers to succeed and grow at TMP – whether that means taking the next step on your career ladder, working with experts across marketing disciplines to develop new skills, or on-the-job learning with our bespoke TMP Academy training programme.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, experienced Account Manager with a passion for marketing, to join our Client Strategy & Delivery team. You’ll be at the heart of everything we do for our clients, helping to deliver eye-opening marketing campaigns based on your client’s business objectives, and maintaining exceptional day-to-day client relationships.
You’re an Account Manager: a marketing enthusiast and a real project-managing pro. At TMP you’ll be busy straight from the off, developing an excellent understanding of our clients’ objectives, and ensuring campaigns with a wow factor are delivered consistently to brief. Naturally, you’ll project-manage your campaigns to budget, provide weekly reports to the client and Account Director, and guide clients through the delivery of complex programmes.
Job duties and responsibilities
Client Management and Development
- Regular communication via telephone, email and F2F with several client contacts to provide real-time updates on day to day activities, as well as weekly progress reports and budget updates (25%)
- Planning and executing campaigns: Writing briefs, scheduling resource and liaising with teams to ensure successful and timely delivery of projects and campaigns (20%)
- Reviewing and critically appraising work from within the agency (strategy, content, creative, data & analytics, digital, demand generation) to ensure that it meets the brief and is ready to share with the client (20%)
- Commercial management of individual campaigns to ensure we are on track from a delivery perspective, as well as ensuring account stability and profitability (15%)
Team Management and Development
- Monitoring and guiding more junior members of the team, delegating certain tasks, reviewing and feeding back (5%)
New Business Development
- Identifying opportunities for TMP to extend its scope of work within existing projects (5%)
- Independently developing estimates for projects that don’t require new marketing thinking (5%)
Sales & Marketing Strategy
- Providing well-informed and timely advice to both clients and internal departments in order to continually optimise activity and quality of outcome (5%)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge in time management: juggling multiple campaigns and clients to deliver projects on budget and on time
- Operational understanding of various types of B2B marketing campaigns
- General knowledge of the ICT marketplace; key vendors and value propositions
- Highly developed interpersonal and relationship management skills in order to gain trust with established clients and maintain high client satisfaction
- Able to coordinate multiple teams with effective communication (both verbal and written)
- Able to personally contribute in meetings and conference calls with clients, as well as internal briefing and review meetings
- Pragmatic, with a logical approach to work and a very high attention to detail
- An energetic, positive approach and ‘can-do’ attitude
- At least 2 years’ experience working in marketing. B2B agency -side is preferable
- Evidence of planning and organising multiple projects to tight timescales and delivering to measurable objectives (preferably in B2B technology)
- Experience in managing key client and partner relationships and comfortable communicating at Manager and Director level, both internally and externally
- Proficient with IT including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook