We firmly believe that The Marketing Practice (TMP) is the best place for B2B marketers. We are one of the fastest-growing and most-awarded B2B marketing agencies in the world, working with exciting companies like Microsoft, Salesforce, Xerox, Citrix and O2 Business on global programmes from our four international offices. Clients come to us for our expertise in account-based marketing, demand generation and channel marketing; as well as for our mindset of creating value and inspiration for our clients, all the time. We always put our clients and their results first.
There are heaps of opportunities for ambitious, committed marketers to succeed and grow at TMP – whether that means taking the next step on your career ladder, working with experts across marketing disciplines to develop new skills, or on-the-job learning with our bespoke TMP Academy training programme.
We’re looking for a bright, enthusiastic Account Director, with a passion for marketing, to work within our Client Strategy and Delivery team. You’ll provide expert advice on marketing strategy, deliver head-turning campaigns based on client/business objectives, and recommend innovative marketing solutions to specific business challenges.
As an Account Director, you’ll be in charge of delivering great marketing programmes to target, time and budget. Reporting to the Client Director, you’ll lead and develop a talented account team, managing their performance and workload, and providing solid marketing excellence leadership.
Job duties and responsibilities
Client Management and Development
- Responsible for building and maintaining client relationships at Manager/Senior Manager level, guiding them on their marketing strategy, communicating on project delivery versus plan and securing on-going funding (20%)
- Leading a team to plan and deliver multiple marketing programmes (up to £100k each) that deliver against the chosen marketing strategy and client objectives
- To instil best practice programme management in the team – ensuring adherence to the correct processes and following best-practice
- A focus on campaign results to measure success and outcomes of campaign activities (25%)
- Developing accurate resource plans and revenue forecasts, to ensure we are on track from a delivery perspective, as well as ensuring account stability and profitability (20%)
- Preparation for monthly commercial reviews
Team Management and Development
- Developing the skills of other CS&D team members through on-the-job coaching, support and guidance. Managing, inspiring and motivating a team of direct reports (15%)
New Business Development
- Scoping, estimating and developing plans to deliver demonstrable sales results and return on marketing investment, ensuring commercial targets for accounts are met and exceeded (10%)
Sales & Marketing Strategy
- Providing recommendations for large scale marketing solutions that deliver on the business objectives of both the client and TMP, with expertise in at least three core areas of TMPs service offering (Demand Generation, ABM, Channel Partner Marketing) (10%)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A strong marketing thinker, and knowledge of demand generation, account based marketing is preferable
- Thorough knowledge of the ICT marketplace; key vendors and value propositions
- Comprehensive knowledge of project management, with excellent attention to detail
- Highly developed relationship management skills, brilliant at communicating and influencing
- Able to learn quickly, interrogate and assimilate complex information
- Able to lead, manage and inspire multiple teams with effective communication
- A calm and positive attitude, able to problem solve issues presented by more junior team members and virtual team members
- At least 5 years’ experience working agency and/or client side within a similar B2B role
- Demonstrable experience of meeting complex B2B marketing challenges
- Experience in managing key client and partner relationships and comfortable communicating at C-Level both internally and externally
- Experience of developing marketing programmes based on client/business objectives, and of recommending marketing solutions to business challenges
- Proficient with IT including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook