Senior Data Coordinator
The Marketing Practice Overview
We firmly believe that The Marketing Practice (TMP) is the best place for B2B marketers. We are one of the fastest-growing and most-awarded B2B marketing agencies in the world, working with exciting companies like Microsoft, Salesforce, Xerox, Citrix and O2 Business on global programmes from our four international offices. Clients come to us for our expertise in account-based marketing, demand generation and channel marketing; as well as for our mindset of creating value and inspiration for our clients, all the time. We always put our clients and their results first.
There are heaps of opportunities for ambitious, committed marketers to succeed and grow at TMP – whether that means taking the next step on your career ladder, working with experts across marketing disciplines to develop new skills, or on-the-job learning with our bespoke TMP Academy training programme.
Summary of role
Your role within the Data team will be to support one or two major clients working on a mix of contact research and list building, database administration, weekly reporting, and as managing key tasks and deliverables across accounts and projects assigned to you. You will successfully balance client priorities and requests in line with a well communicated weekly plan, ensuring you proactively communicate any delays or blockers to key stakeholders.
You will need strong attention to detail, while demonstrating the ability to proactively find ways to use data to solve for clients' marketing needs.
The role will give you training and development opportunities to learn new skills along the way – both self-researched (i.e. dashboard best-practice tips online) and prescribed (established company best practice) and give you a thorough grounding of the TMP ways of working, with a focus on how accurate and insightful data plays a foundational role in everything we do for our clients.
Job duties and responsibilities
- Be a key support role within the data team from general day to day management of client data, producing client facing reports, researching and building new contacts, managing expectations of client service stakeholders and communicating progress and insight on your data projects
- Support development of data briefs with ideas for leveraging existing capabilities and resources to build and deliver campaign results
- Provide a plan for each week ahead, ensuring you have a clear view of the dependencies required so that your part can be delivered accurately and on time
- Explore alternative ways of meeting requirements through supplemental data sources or tools
- Regular liaison with the Inside Sales team to ensure the data and operational platform is supporting and delivering to their needs
- Demonstrable expertise with using our database and operational platforms, including Salesforce.com, Microsoft Dynamics and Power BI
- Extreme accuracy and creative problem solving to ensure data sets and analytics are fit for purpose and impactful
- Be a whizz at sourcing the latest information on a company, person, trend, technology and software for data management and analytics
- Manage project timescales for your key data tasks and communicate the implications should a project timing slip
- Be inquisitive and constantly ask questions like “what is the data telling us,” “how does this influence the marketing we are doing,” “are there ways we can be doing this data better” and “can the data support better performance”
- Develop strong internal and external relationships across stakeholder groups
Skills and Experience
- Be able to clearly communicate via all channels to internal & external stakeholders providing clear/concise information
- Being flexible and willing to pick up different tasks across the team and help when workloads require
- Communication of data project progress and understanding to the Client Services team – recognizing that you are the data expert they need to rely on
- Proactively share successes, challenges and examples of great campaigns/projects in team meetings
- Operate a “no surprises” policy ensuring that within the team and the client, all relevant information is shared and updated
- Display a desire to learn and keep abreast of what’s happening within the B2B data management space and apply what you learn to your clients as well as your internal team
- An appreciation for, and understanding of the cost-implications for bought-in services and how these may impact our bottom line
- Able to assess feasibility of most campaign requests
- An ability to keep calm under the pressure of tight deadlines and be relied upon to deliver what you say you will every time (and more hopefully)
- Approachable and professional, someone who can easily get on with a variety of people in different situations
- Not afraid to roll your sleeves up to help with ad hoc requirements to support other parts of the business
- A learning mindset to continually develop in the role be it with working on a different project, with a different person or recommending new products and software to enhance our data service
- Robust attitude to comply with TMP data best practice and wider compliance processes
- Organized and meticulous in delivery of day-to-day data tasks, ensuring they are completed on-time and to the quality agreed
- Insights focussed, displaying a keenness to produce and provide reports on time, with pro-active insight added to demonstrate understanding of the data and what it is telling stakeholders – External and internal
- Growth mindset through continuous development in your skills to make the most of the required data & analytics platforms
About The Marketing Practice
The Marketing Practice was founded in the UK in 2002 to fulfill a vision of a marketing agency that is “fanatical about sales focussed marketing that delivers tangible sales results”. In 2016 we opened our US agency based in Seattle and have since grown it to a team of 50 and revenue of $6m+.
As a company, we are leading the development of B2B marketing. While our clients are among the most experienced and sophisticated marketers in the IT and Services industries, they are also increasingly relying on our knowledge, ideas and delivery. They look to us to deliver integrated marketing programs that really make a difference to their business results (often changing the way that marketing is delivered and perceived).