Group Client Director
We firmly believe that The Marketing Practice (TMP) is the best place for B2B marketers. We are one of the fastest-growing and most-awarded B2B marketing agencies in the world, working with exciting companies like Microsoft, Salesforce, Xerox, Citrix and O2 Business on global programmes from our four international offices. Clients come to us for our expertise in account-based marketing, demand generation and channel marketing; as well as for our mindset of creating value and inspiration for our clients, all the time. We always put our clients and their results first.
There are heaps of opportunities for ambitious, committed marketers to succeed and grow at TMP – whether that means taking the next step on your career ladder, working with experts across marketing disciplines to develop new skills, or on-the-job learning with our bespoke TMP Academy training programme.
A natural born marketer, you love crafting simple solutions in our world of complex B2B marketing. And seeing the delight of your clients when those solutions deliver commercial results.
We’re looking for an energetic Group Client Director, who has a real passion for marketing, leadership, and delivering the best-possible results for clients.
You’ll lead a team running between three and five major accounts, reporting into the Managing Director of TMP in Australia.
From the client’s perspective, you’re the one directing their thinking on how best to achieve their objectives, both short and long term. You’ll successfully bring this vision to life through a well thought-out and executed marketing programme.
Internally, you’ll own the strategy to achieve TMP’s planned revenue per client (so that you can accurately plan the resource needed to wow and delight your clients). You’ll be in charge of deciding how to best utilise the expertise of the wider TMP team to deliver the best client results and experience.
The key performance indicators you will be measured on include:
- Client satisfaction (through effective marketing thinking and strong delivery of marketing programmes)
- Client revenue and profitability
- Employee and team satisfaction
- Employee utilisation
Job duties and responsibilities
Client Management and Development
- To own and drive the client strategy for your group of clients
- To be a trusted marketing advisor to your senior client stakeholders (A natural “go-to” for them)
- To be accountable for meeting planned client revenue targets through strategic account plans and sales actions
- To ensure client satisfaction, measured through a monthly marketing monitor, NPS interviews at quarterly reviews and Independent depth interviews
- Where a client spans other TMP entities (e.g. UK, US, Germany), to collaborate with other regions, to have a joined-up account strategy
- To ensure you have the right level of resource in place to deliver quality marketing programmes for your clients
- To bring commercial rigour to your team in terms of maximising the billable time to hit monthly revenue targets, profitability and billable utilisation of your team members
- To facilitate procurement engagement with our Finance leadership to ensure favourable terms
- To ensure the highest quality marketing outputs for your clients by mentoring and supporting your team, and when required, leading from the front
- Collaborating with the wider business to ensure we are doing the best work for our clients (e.g. bringing innovation, resolving quality concerns, managing resource levels and allocation)
Team Management & Development
- To lead, develop and inspire your team
- To develop your team members by ensuring they have objectives aligned to their role and the company strategy, as well as an annual development plan
- To effectively manage performance issues of team members
New Business Development
- To be a senior TMP representative on new business opportunities
- Managing the smooth onboarding of new clients
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A Business-to-Business Marketing Professional, with a thorough knowledge on B2B marketing.
- You can discuss strategy with senior client stakeholders (CMO, Marketing Directors at leading Technology companies) and also quickly create practical proposals for specific campaigns
- A good working knowledge of B2B demand generation, Account Based Marketing is preferred. A working knowledge of Channel Partner Marketing is desired
- A good working knowledge of the B2B technology sector and the core and emerging B2B technology propositions
- An excellent relationship manager who has the gravitas and knowledge to build senior relationships
- Commercial awareness and acumen in order to manage to revenue and profitability targets, and negotiate contracting terms with Procurement and senior client stakeholders
- Ability to motivate, mentor and manage a team of bright and ambitious individuals
- Highly collaborative both with clients and the other teams at TMP
- Proposing, planning and managing B2B marketing programmes with annual budgets of $1m+ AUD, reporting on outcomes against commercial objectives
- Experience in leading, managing and developing teams of 10+ people
- Several years’ experience in B2B technology marketing (either client or agency-side)