Digital Demand Generation Specialist
The Marketing Practice Overview
We firmly believe that The Marketing Practice (TMP) is the best place for B2B marketers. We are one of the fastest-growing and most-awarded B2B marketing agencies in the world, working with exciting companies like Microsoft, Salesforce, Xerox, Citrix and O2 Business on global programmes from our four international offices. Clients come to us for our expertise in account-based marketing, demand generation and channel marketing; as well as for our mindset of creating value and inspiration for our clients, all the time. We always put our clients and their results first.
There are heaps of opportunities for ambitious, committed marketers to succeed and grow at TMP – whether that means taking the next step on your career ladder, working with experts across marketing disciplines to develop new skills, or on-the-job learning with our bespoke TMP Academy training programme.
We’re looking for an expert in digital demand generation to join an expanding team delivering growth for our clients in the UK and worldwide. You’ll have knowledge and experience across the entire digital customer journey and will become a trusted advisor to clients, developing a deep understanding of their marketing objectives to drive always-on digital demand growth.
You’ll be obsessed with identifying and pulling the right levers from digital channel performance to website conversion rate optimisation, remarketing and nurture by leveraging analytics and evolving best practice to continually accelerate the performance of digital demand engines. You need to be strategic, analytical and hands-on, able to quickly adapt and implement enhancements across digital touchpoints by identifying pain points to tweak and test.
It’s a fast-paced role with a mix of strategy, implementation and management of digital demand engines and so you need to be a great team player and communicator. You’ll have daily contact with clients and work extensively with teams across TMP and with other agencies.
If you’re someone who’s either managed digital demand generation client-side at an Enterprise-sized business or have extensive experience in this field working at an agency, this could be the role for you.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Digital Demand Strategy (20%)
- Build effective digital demand strategies for clients to move customers and prospects through the funnel from awareness to inbound marketing and conversion by implementing a joined-up approach with inside sales teams.
- Collaborate closely with the client and other agencies to build phased digital demand engines focused on working to and exceeding the commercial targets and objectives.
- Establish KPIs and success metrics through a deep understanding of the client’s marketing and sales objectives.
- Identify opportunities for the integration of new martech into the client’s tech stack, including AI, marketing automation and chatbots.
Digital Demand Management & Optimisation (70%)
- Take the lead in a hybrid digital demand generation ‘scrum team’ that may comprise specialists from across TMP, other agencies and a client’s own internal resource.
- Build and maintain strong client relationships and become the go-to-person for management of the digital demand engine.
- Adopt a growth mindset to ensure the digital demand engine is delivering at scale.
- Continually analyse performance across the digital customer journey and prepare and present regular reports with data-driven insights and prioritised actions and timescales.
- Plan and execute organic and paid media campaigns and projects across multiple platforms.
- Define and implement ongoing experiment-led test and learn tactics across the journey to management continually optimise performance of the digital demand engine, including A/B creative tests and spend scaling on campaigns and always-on activity.
- Continually advise clients on optimising digital marketing budgets to maximise ROI.
- Take a bold approach to testing new trends and approaches that can accelerate performance.
New Business Development and Strategy (10%)
- Work with the Head of Digital to support on the pitching to new and existing clients to win business, including the production and presentation of effective communication assets.
- Support the shaping of TMP’s digital demand generation strategy by staying on top of current trends, technology and best practice and help to develop and communicate innovative and effective new and updated propositions.
- Share learnings to leverage these insights to continually improve digital demand generation across clients.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experienced across all aspects of digital demand generation, including search, social, display, email, website management, conversion rate optimisation, marketing automation, remarketing/nurture and website analytics.
- Able to take the lead in meetings and conference calls with clients, as well as internal briefing and review meetings.
- Be the kind of person who can talk at length to clients about digital demand generation and the latest trends and best practices.
- Learn to deeply understand our clients’ businesses and competitors, including their products and solutions, to leverage for ongoing digital demand success against targets.
- Consultative and collaborative – able to work with and through people to deliver high quality outcomes.
- A curious mind and a desire to continually pull levers on the digital demand engine to accelerate performance.
- Ability to plan and implement successful digital demand strategies across multiple platforms.
- Results orientated, with a flair for using analytical skills to pull actionable insights from data.
- An energetic, positive approach and ‘can-do’ attitude.
- At least 3-years experience working agency and/or client side within a similar role, developing and managing successful digital demand engines for complex business challenges.
- Experience in managing client and agency relationships and comfortable communicating at Manager and Director level, both internally and externally
- Very experienced using Google Analytics (and/or Adobe Analytics) and Excel.
- Experienced using some combination of paid social, paid search, SEO, CMS and CRO platforms.